Complying with the requirements of the GDPR, which come into effect 25 May, 2018 is a top priority for our business and has the full support of Lancor’s partners and chairman. We have engaged a specialized GDPR advisory team to help us prepare for 100% compliance.
We are fully aware of the implications of the GDPR and are actively engaged in a program to assess and mitigate the risks that we create for others by holding their personal data.
Confidentiality and trust are key values for Lancor and are integral to our business. The intent of the GDPR is to ensure transparency, fairness and an increased confidence in the security of the data for the individuals whose data we hold, whether they be clients, candidates, staff or partners.
Who are we?
Lancor provides executive search services to clients who retain us to find executives, board members and advisors for their businesses.
What does this Policy cover?
Lancor takes your personal data seriously. This policy:
• sets out the types of personal data we collect about you
• explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
• explains how long we keep your personal data
• explains how we will share your personal data - when, why and who with
• sets out the legal basis we have for using your personal data
• explains the effect of refusing to provide the personal data requested
• explains the different rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data
• explains how we may contact you and how you can contact us.
What personal data do we collect about you?
Through the different stages of our search, we collect the information necessary to assess your professional experience against our clients’ requirements. This information may include CVs/resumés you have sent us, educational records, references and outlines of your work history, including summaries available on publicly-available web sites, including social media sites, such as LinkedIn. We do not normally collect Special Category Data (or what the ICO calls “sensitive personal data”). However, in the exceptional case in which we may be required to collect and process sensitive personal data, we would only collect it from you, and further process it, when you have given your explicit consent.
Where do we collect personal data about you from?
The following are the different sources from which we may collect personal data about you:
• Directly from you. This is information you provide to us.
• From an agent/third party acting on your behalf. e.g. an outplacement firm.
• Through publicly available sources. We use the following public sources:
o Company web sites, online news outlets or event web sites (e.g. conferences)
o Alumni directories
o Any other online or offline resource typically used to support executive search research.
• By Reference or word of mouth. For example, you may be recommended by a friend, a former/current employer or a former colleague.
How and why do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data to assess whether your skills, experience and education are a fit with a client’s search requirements. We will initially collect basic information about you, such as contact details, current title and, if available, past professional experiences and then pass this on to our client. If your profile is a match with our client’s requirements, we will then be collecting more information from you at the screening and interview stage.